Recognize Your Technicians During SuperTech Day
SuperTech Day is Friday, June 28, 2024
This is a time to thank your technicians for the hard work they put in throughout the year and to show them how much they are appreciated.
Be sure to take photos of your companies SuperTech Day celebrations and email them to email@example.com for a chance to be featured in the September/October issue of IDA Magazine.
SuperTech Day Resources
10. If a large, prominent organization elected to establish (Insert Your Name Here) Day, wouldn’t you want someone to participate?
9. Many studies have shown that respect and recognition are the most important factors relating to job satisfaction and people who feel appreciated by their employers and co-workers are generally unlikely to seek alternative employment.
8. Door systems technicians protect people and property which is a remarkably important role to play in society and deserves more recognition.
7. If you do something that involves family members, you will get free word-of-mouth advertising when these people return to their neighborhoods and tell their friends what a great company you have.
6. The day can be used as a hub for promoting your company as one that uses professional, skilled technicians who are most qualified to install and service their door systems.
5. They wear your company logo, drive your trucks, and meet face-to-face with your customers every working day of the year.
4. If you were once an installer, can you recall how much it meant to you – or would have meant to you – to get a pat on the back for a job well done?
3. It is a simple, cost-effective way to promote company unity and camaraderie.
2. Your technicians deserve it.
And the #1. Reason to Participate in SuperTech Day… Your hard-earned reputation is determined by the work your technicians perform each time they install, repair, drop test or inspect a door. Each customer they serve will base his or her opinion about your company’s reputation on the experience they have when interacting with that technician.
The 15th Annual SuperTech Day has been established as Friday, June 30, 2023. Industry leaders envision a wide range of official activities and promotional events that will culminate around this day of recognition and are asking dealers to use the day to honor and recognize field personnel for their valuable contributions to their company, customers and community.
IDA would like to see your ideas. Email us photos and descriptions of your Super Tech Day celebration so we can share your great ideas with the rest of the industry.
In the meantime, here are some suggestions you may want to consider:
- Give your techs a gift. This doesn’t need to be a costly venture. Gift cards or certificates to a local restaurant or retailer are always popular.
- Provide a company breakfast, luncheon or cookout and include all other company employees. Maybe even consider inviting your technician’s family members.
- Hang a banner in front of your business.
Write a personal note of thanks for their good work and dedication.
Have a team meeting and announce (if you aren’t already doing so) that each of your technicians will have the opportunity to earn one or more IDEA technician certifications.
- If you are in the process of certifying technicians, consider contacting IDEA about the possibility of having a presentation of certificates on SuperTech Day.
- Provide a sporty new shirt – golf-style, denim or otherwise – as a gift.
Have an outside service wash and detail their company trucks. The benefit of this type of recognition is personal, gratifying and gives each of them a clean truck for at least one day out of the year.
- If you have company awards or recognition events you normally hold once a year, consider moving your event to SuperTech Day.
Be creative and think of something that would just be fun. Consider such activities as a fishing or Texas Hold ‘Em tournament, rent a bowling alley for a couple of hours, or take over a public park for an afternoon (remember to bring a banner to gain residual advertising benefits.)
- Find a local charity or widely recognized worthy cause and contribute in the names of your technicians to honor them. Have press releases sent to your local newspaper, television, and radio stations, announcing the contribution (it’s even better if you can get the charity to send the press releases on their letterhead). Be sure to send a group photo with the names of your technicians clearly identified. There are never any guarantees, but if properly executed, this technique has an excellent chance of putting your technicians’ smiling faces in the local newspaper and possibly mentioned on the evening news. This would make them and their families very proud and give you a very nice item suitable for framing to hang in your showroom.