Experience the Power of An IDA Membership
By becoming a member of the International Door Association (IDA), your organization gains access to a vibrant community of industry experts and visionaries. Collaborate, share knowledge, and stay at the forefront of the rapidly evolving door and access systems industry.
Take advantage of premier networking and educational events at a discount, valuable resources to improve efficiency, training and educational opportunities tailored to your business needs, access to and advertising discounts in our bimonthly publication IDA Magazine, supporting industry issues through IDA’s advocacy efforts, year-long solutions to challenges facings the garage door and access systems industry, and more.
With IDA membership, you’ll open doors to new connections, endless growth, and unrivaled support, propelling your organization to heights.
Make the investment in your business, yourself and your team. Join IDA today.
Network, learn, showcase products, stay updated on industry trends, and explore business opportunities through IDA events at a discounted member rate.
Operate more profitably and proficiently through education and training opportunities.
Increase efficiency and profitability through discounts to insurance, talent resources, virtual assistants, legal consultation, and more.
Support with industry issues through IDA Advocacy efforts.
Discounts on advertising in IDA Magazine, our bimonthly publication.
- Primary business: The highest sales volume category within the door and access systems portion of a company’s business.
- Primary location: The business address designated by the member as their desired membership address.
- Representation: Members with voting eligibility may designate a single individual (an owner, co-owner, or employee) to serve as their voting representative.
- Voting representative: An individual designated by a Dealer or Supplier member to cast IDA ballots on behalf of the member. Only voting representatives are eligible to serve as IDA officers or Board members.
What types of memberships are available?
A Dealer member is a company whose primary business is the installation and service of residential and/or commercial garage door and access systems.
- Dealer members agree to comply with the IDA Code of Business Conduct.
- Dealer members may refer to themselves as an IDA member and may use the IDA logo in advertising and marketing.
- Each Dealer member shall designate one voting representative.
Annual Dues for Dealer Membership: Membership Dues for dealers located in the United States are based on total sales revenue under the following categories:
- $375 – Under 1.5 Million in total sales.
- $475 – 1.5 Million – $3 Million in total sales.
- $575 – Over $3 Million in total sales.
Dealer Branch membership
Active IDA Dealer members may add a membership for branch locations that share the same EIN number. The Dealer Branch member shall have all the privileges and responsibilities of the Dealer member except the dealer branch cannot designate a voting representative.
- Dealer branch members agree to comply with the IDA Code of Business Conduct.
- Dealer branch members may refer to themselves as an IDA member and may use the IDA logo in advertising and marketing.
Dealer Branch membership Dues
- There is no additional cost for active IDA Dealer Members within the Over than 3 Million in total sales category.
- The cost per branch location for active IDA Dealer Members under 3 Million in total sales is $99 per location.
Membership dues for dealers located in Canada and all U.S. possessions is $375 USD
Membership dues for dealers located outside of the regions specified above is $145 USD.
A Supplier member is a company whose primary business within the door and access systems industry is providing door and access systems products and/or services to door and access systems dealers.
- Supplier members agree to comply with the IDA Code of Business Conduct.
- Supplier members may refer to themselves as an IDA member and may use the IDA logo in advertising and marketing.
- Each Supplier member shall designate one voting representative to vote in IDA elections within the region of their primary location. Each Supplier member is eligible to hold Board and/or officer positions, with the exception of President-Elect and President.
Annual dues for Supplier Membership is $660 USD (+ $50 initiation for new members).
A Technician member is an individual product installer or service technician who is an employee of an installing/servicing door and access systems dealer.
- Technician members agree to comply with the IDA Code of Business Conduct.
- Technician members may refer to themselves as an “IDA Technician member” and may use the IDA Technician logo (not the IDA logo) for their personal use and personal wares, i.e. their personal truck, tools, apparel etc. The use of the logo is for the sole purpose or use by the Technician member and shall not be permitted to be used by a non-member dealer.
- Technician members are not required to be an employee of a current IDA Dealer member.
Annual dues for Technician Membership is $99 USD.
A Corresponding member is an individual or organization who has an interest in the door and access systems industry but does not otherwise qualify for other IDA membership categories.
- Corresponding members agree to comply with the IDA Code of Business Conduct.
- Corresponding members may refer to themselves as an IDA member and may use the IDA logo in advertising and marketing.
Annual dues for Corresponding Membership is $750 USD.
An Honorary member (previously the Individual Lifetime Member and the Honorary Member) is an individual who meets the honorary membership criteria established by the Board and who has been deemed worthy of honorary membership by the Board.
No annual cost for an Honorary Member.