Initial Statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
(WASHINGTON, DC – March 17, 2020) – COVID-19 has had a global impact of how people do business both here and abroad. IDA is aware that the door and access industry is not exempt from the disruption this pandemic has caused.
Our annual IDExpo concluded two weeks ago and moving forward, we foresee little to no change in our operations and services as we continue to support the industry. IDA staff are working remotely for the next several weeks at minimum, but rest assured we are 100% operational. It is our hope that members are also taking the appropriate steps to protect yourselves, your employees, and your consumers.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) has released interim guidance for businesses and employers during this time. As a general rule, they also recommend the following to reduce the risk of infection and spread:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; if soap is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces.
For more information and resources, please visit the CDC website. More information will be forthcoming from IDA as it is announced.