Thanks to IDA’s Industry Members, this resource page has been created with links to garage door safety videos, flyers, FAQs about products, and other items IDA Dealer Members can use internally and externally to promote their business.
Use these materials to help educate staff internally and promote your company as an expert in safety and build trust in your community. Include these tools on your website, as resources in your communications with customers, in press releases and as posts on your social media accounts. Here are some specific ideas for using these resources:
- Review these educational resources with technicians and staff to stay up to date on the latest safety recommendations.
- Link to these videos on your website and reach out to customers to remind them about periodic safety checks. Consider running a discounted safety check option in June.
- Include safety information in a press release (see template above) to a local television station, radio, or newspaper and offer to be interviewed about garage door safety.
- During Garage Door Safety Month, post a safety video once a week on your Facebook accounts highlighting different aspects of garage door and operator safety.
- Create a mailer for customers as a friendly reminder to get their garage door inspected periodically and reference these materials.
Have specific questions on how to use these materials? Reach out to us for help!
Check out the rest of IDA's Garage Door Safety Month Member Toolkit here.
IDA Member Safety Resources
Door & Access Systems Manufacturers Association (DASMA):
International Door Association:
Tool Box Talks: sign into the “members only” section of the IDA website to access these Tool Box Talks on a variety of topics that help to service as regular reminders of the importance of safety and continually reinforce your company’s commitment to the safety of each employee.
JCM TECHNOLOGIES SA:
- Safety Videos for RADIOSENS: Wireless and without safety edges for roller shutters
- Safety Videos for RADIOBAND: Wireless and for resistive, optical and mechanical safety edges
Surewinder tools wind residential and commercial torsion springs using a cordless drill. It prevents rotator cuff injuries and winding bar mishaps.