Thanks to IDA Supplier Members, this resource page has been created with links to garage door safety videos, flyers, FAQs about products, and other items IDA Dealer Members can use internally and externally to promote their business.
Use these materials to help educate staff internally and promote your company as an expert in safety and build trust in your community. Include these tools on your website, as resources in your communications with customers, in press releases and as posts on your social media accounts. Here are some specific ideas for using these resources:
- Review these educational resources with technicians and staff to stay up to date on the latest safety recommendations.
- Link to these videos on your website and reach out to customers to remind them about periodic safety checks. Consider running a discounted safety check option in June.
- Include safety information in a press release (see template above) to a local television station, radio, or newspaper and offer to be interviewed about garage door safety.
- During Garage Door Safety Month, post a safety video once a week on your Facebook accounts highlighting different aspects of garage door and operator safety.
- Create a mailer for customers as a friendly reminder to get their garage door inspected periodically and reference these materials.
Have specific questions on how to use these materials? Reach out to us for help!
Check out the rest of IDA's Garage Door Safety Month Member Toolkit here.
Safety Resources from IDA Supplier Members
Garage Door Safety Service & Support
Social Media images for Garage Door Safety Month
Safety Image 1
Safety Image 2
Safety Image 3
Safety Image 4
ASO Safety Solutions:
Below is a mixture of videos on how the safety edges are assembled, installed, produced, tested and also how a process of a customized safety edge might look like.
SENTIR edge Safety Contact Edges
Designing of a SENTIR edge
Quality Assurance from ASO Safety Solutions
Safety Products Brochure
Video: Garage Door Safety
Video: How to Manually Open Your Garage Door
Clopay's Garage Door Safety Checklist
Delden Manufacturing Co.:
7 Safety Tips for Your Garage Door
Door & Access Systems Manufacturers Association (DASMA):
Safety Tips for Garage Doors, Garage Door Openers, and Gate Openers
Safety Guidelines for Garage Door Systems
Maintenance Guide for Garage Doors and Openers
Gate Systems Safety for Garage Doors and Openers
Garage Parts Plus, LLC:
5 Tips to Safely Care for Your Garage Door Extension Springs
Your Guide to Garage Door Security
How to Protect Your Home for Hurricane and Tornado Season
How to Safely Maintain Garage Door Torsion Springs in 5 Easy Steps
Garage Door Openers Safety Center
heroal Roller Shutter Systems Brochure
heroal Security Roller Shutter Systems Brochure
JCM TECHNOLOGIES SA:
Safety Videos for RADIOSENS: Wireless and without safety edges for roller shutters:
Safety Videos for RADIOBAND: Wireless and for resistive, optical and mechanical safety edges:
RBAND 3G Industry
Miller Edge offers a free online course
on AECDaily on Entrapment Protection for Motorized Doors.
This instructive video
demonstrates how to test to assure proper operation of door and gate edge sensors. The battery-operated Miller Edge tester can be used to test monitored and non-monitored sensing edges.
Miller Edge videos that outline how to properly measure sensing edges for doors:
- How to Measure a Rolling Steel Door for a Sensing Edge
- How to Measure a Sectional Door for a Sensing Edge
The Safest Way to Wind Springs
Surewinder Operating Instructions
Wayne Dalton Tips for Garage Door Safety Month 2017
Wayne Dalton tips for Garage Door Safety Month 2016